Thursday, November 11, 2021

Cloudland Canyon TTA



I was supposed to meet the hikers at the Visitor Center, but the parking lot was crowded, and needing to pee I stopped at a side road with a gate and ran into the woods. Then on to the trailhead. Sara called to see where I was. I called Craig to let him know I made it there. The other hikers came thru to park at the trailhead a little further thru the parking area so I moved my car to where they parked. When I got my parking pass I couldn't find my wallet...panic!!! Back to the other parking lot, back to the potty stop in the woods retracing my steps, called the visitor center to see if someone found it in the parking lot. Called the place I stopped on the way there. Called on Jesus to have mercy and help me find it. Called on a friend to help me pray. Tore the car apart looking for it. Pulled everything out of my daypack and SAW THE WALLET I had put in a ziplock with my headlamp and lighter.....Phew, thank you Jesus.

Called to see where Joan and Sara and the other hikers had gotten to on the trail. Marietta kindly waited for me on the West Rim Trail while the others hiked down and back up the 600 steps to see the waterfalls. The leaf colors were vibrant in a lot of the trees, and the ones on the ground left a color filled carpet for us to walk on. Overlooks on this trail are just beautiful. I spotted a couple of hornet nests really high in the trees. Those hornets must be expecting a lot of snow. Weather forecasters. The sky stayed clear until the last section of our hike. The clouds rolled in, the wind picked up, but we didn't get rained on. It was a beautiful hike. 


 Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment