Sunday, March 13, 2016

Sewanee - TTA Greens View


I got to the University of the South early so I drove around the campus looking at the buildings and grounds. This is a beautiful place to visit; the architecture is so cool.
  
I met the M’Boro/Highland Rim hikers at the Greens View trailhead. There is a gorgeous view of the valley at the end of the road there. Sara, Joan, Ann, Julie, Tony, Jenny, Bruce Lee and I started down the trail. We hiked a loop combining a few trails, with a side trip out to Piney Point overlook. We took a break here and then sprinkles started. As we came back thru Shakerag Hollow the wildflowers were putting on an early spring show! Bloodroot, Anemone, Chickweed, Violets, Toothwort and a few more I can’t name, and the trilliums were just starting to open. The waterfalls and creeks were flowing well so we had lots of picture ops. At the end of the hike we drove to Shenanigan’s for lunch. Good food and great company.

After lunch, I drove around the Monteagle Assembly area. The old houses here are so pretty, most have big front porches or wrap-around porches.

Thank you Sara for arranging the Sunday hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment