Saturday, February 10, 2018

Savage Gulf TTA






Another rainy weekend, but Joan didn't give up. I met her and Don Deakins at Savage Gulf Ranger Station. Calling for 3" by Sunday but we figured it couldn't come all at once, so we signed in at the new kiosk, and then on to Savage Falls which was really gushing.

The view along the South Rim trail were so pretty, we had expected them to be blocked by all the fog we drove thru to get here, but they were fairly clear. We stopped at 4 miles in, ate our lunch under hemlock cover, still in rain gear. The poncho I wore was great cover, except for my forearms, fleece jacket got soaked from forearms down. On the way out it rained. And then it rained harder in spells. The trail was full of water, nowhere to drain. My shoes were pretty wet by the time we got to the parking lot. I think Wayne made a good call cancelling the backpack we were going to do here this weekend. Might have needed our kayaks.

Pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment