Sunday, March 22, 2020

Little Cedar Mountain









Sunday afternoon hike with Sara. I got there early, paper was scattered all over the place from the turnoff to the kiosk. The parking lot was covered, it was in the grass too. I put on gloves and got a shopping bag out of the car and started picking up paper. Got bitten by black ants on my arm. People pulling in asked me if the papers were mine, LOL. A few folks that pulled int helped pick up some of it. I filled up both their trash cans with the paper. Looked like travel magazines you find in rest stops, someone had torn the pages out and scattered them. The police officer that drove thru waved at me, wouldn't even stop to ask questions. What would possess someone to trash this place???

Sara got there and we started our loop hike. Wildflowers were out! We saw trillium, larkspur, purple phacelia, stonecrop, Little Brown Jugs, wood sorel, and a yellow flower I think is Hoary Puccoon.

The views of Nickajack Lake were really pretty. Several family groups on the trails, everyone happy to be out on a pretty day.

Stopped on the way home at Stone Cave Bakery for some fresh baked bread. Washed my itchy arm in the cool spring water across the road from the bakery, swallowed a Benedryl and tried not to scratch.

Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment