Saturday, May 9, 2020

Short Springs SNA





Jean and Glenda me me at Short Springs on a beautiful cool spring morning. Glenda was familiar with the trails so she led us on the loop to see all the waterfalls. They are both fast hikers so I had to slow them down to see the wildflowers still blooming. We found a lot of Jack in the Pulpits, some really tall ones.

So I have pics of blooms I do not know the name of and would like someone to ID. Plant has several leaves, fuzzy and soft. Stalk is fuzzy, blooms attached all the way up the stalk, about  blooms ending with two at the top of the stalk. About  feet high. Also the fungi needs names too.

After the hike I stopped in Manchester to visit with cousins. Very blessed day, got home late, to supper cooked by my sweet sister. Fried chicken, potato salad and baked beans.

Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment